- The past few weeks, Storiteller has been so wrapped up in writing, work, and mom things (namely, not getting sleep) that she keeps forgetting to submit to the Slacktiverse. So here’s a run-down:
- In Parenting: The Ultimate RPG, she discusses how participating in a tabletop roleplaying group helped prepared her for parenting. Nerds with nerdlings!
- In Fresh Air and Quality Dirt, she talks about bringing her infant son to play on the lawn for the first time. He had been out in the stroller many times and in the snow (where he couldn’t do much), but it was the first time he was actually able to crawl around on his own outside.
- In Book Club: Little Pookie, she analyzes how a children’s board book series featuring a little pig and his mom actually provides a pretty good role model for the parents reading it.
- In Risks and Rewards, she talks about how her son pulling up on all of the furniture and then promptly falling down is breaking her heart – and bruising his head.
- In Biking with my Baby, she describes her first bicycle ride towing her son in the trailer, which went about as well as could be expected for such a new experience for everyone.
- Coleslaw says: I am the best sort of grandma ever – I made my steppish grandson an animated book for Story Time. I also have a New TV. I didn’t mean to post about it, but I needed a place to park the picture anyway. Now I’m working on convincing hubby we need to extend our cable subscription to include the extra sports package as his birthday gift to me.
In Case You Missed This
- Firedrake offers the following links:
- Looking specifically at inequality and its growth in a context of current economics. – http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/books/2014/03/31/140331crbo_books_cassidy?currentPage=all&mobify=0
- Worldwide migrations in pictorial form – http://qz.com/192440/where-everyone-in-the-world-is-migrating-in-one-gorgeous-chart/
- Gender bias in hiring: pitched at managers, but strip off the “you will look good by getting this right” argument and there’s some good content – http://www.inc.com/will-yakowicz/how-to-help-end-gender-bias-while-hiring.html
- Six ways the UK still doesn’t have full marriage equality. (Sorry, Buzzfeed link.) – http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson/ways-the-uk-still-doesnt-have-full-marriage-equality
- More attempts to quantify the external costs of cars. – http://rdrf.org.uk/2012/12/31/the-true-costs-of-automobility-external-costs-of-cars/
Things You Can Do
- No submissions this week; feel free to comment with things you think fit.
–Co-authored by the Slacktiverse Community