(posted chris the cynic, written by members of The Slacktiverse)
- Two weeks ago, Storiteller went on a trip for work, leaving her baby not just overnight for the first time, but for five full days. While she had a nice time in California, her husband ran into some unpleasant challenges, as she describes in Travels without my Baby. A few weeks before that, they tried to bring Sprout (her nickname for her son) to an outdoor showing of Frozen. This too didn’t quite go as planned, as she recalls in Baby’s First Movie?. As Sprout enters the toddler stage, he’s becoming more definitive in his likes and dislikes, some of which don’t always match up with what his parents want him to do. Storiteller talks about “Just Saying No!” and other ways of dealing with frustrating behavior. Lastly, in her attempts to be an adventurous family, Storiteller planned on bringing her son on his first hike last weekend. They did eventually get there, even though it took a while, as she describes in The Family that Hikes Together, Stays Together.
- chris the cynic wrote:
In Case You Missed This
- Lonespark shared some links:
Things You Can Do
- Storiteller shared two things:
- There’s a really interesting essay over at the A.V. Club about a recent episode of Louie in which it tackles the prejudices against overweight women head-on. I thought some folks interested in pop culture and social justice would find it fascinating.
- It’s a long way out, but for folks concerned about climate change and within traveling distance of New York City, there’s going to be massive climate change rally in September.
–Co-authored by the Slacktiverse Community