(posted chris the cynic, written by members of The Slacktiverse)
- Coleslaw wrote:
- Storiteller has been going through a few challenges in parenthood lately. Since she returned from being away for five whole days, she’s been working to win back the trust of her son, as she describes in All The World is Made of Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust. As he’s grown older, he’s started getting too big for certain things. Even when he doesn’t notice it, it always makes her a little sad, as she describes in Outgrowing Mommy’s Favorite Things. Also, if you missed it, she redesigned her blog with a really cool logo by Froborr’s friend Viga, which she commissioned through Viga’s Go Fund Me campaign to go to art school.
- chris the cynic wrote:
- You know those people who judge younger generations as a monolithic block and tell them how to act while refusing to take responsibility for their generation? (By their reasoning, not mine, they can individually be judged by the failings of their generation as a whole.) This is how I feel about them.
- It’s only recently that I’ve watched The Rescuers Down Under as an adult. I have various thoughts on it, and while I’d like for them to all be gushing praise (I love that movie) it’s more complex than that. For all it does right it also does much wrong.
- The post after this was supposed to be next, but then I noticed I’d screwed up something monetarily. On the other hand, the good news is that while it’s bad it’s not, “The sky is falling, I could lose my house/medical care,” bad, which points to my financial situation getting a lot better.
- Lastly, watching The Rescuers Down Under again inspired a TV series in my mind. The key points it takes from it are generic enough that it could be wholly original, but it could also be a spin off following Cody (the human lead of the movie.) It would follow a human, starting as a child but aging in more or less real time, who talked to and saved animals as she balanced that, realizing, accepting, and embracing that she was transfemale, and just plain growing up as a human being who has to deal with the same things as other human beings.
- Articles, open threads, and such on the Slacktiverse itself:
- Regularly scheduled threads on the Slacktiverse:
In Case You Missed This
No submissions this week, feel free to share anything via comments or email.
Things You Can Do
- Storiteller shared this:
- This is an awesome video about a family with a trans son and how they fully accepted him for who is is, complete with helping him transition.