(posted chris the cynic, written by members of The Slacktiverse)
Storiteller had a very busy two weeks, with a wedding anniversary, her son’s first birthday, organizing a community bike ride, her husband’s second Father’s Day (the first one was the day her son was born), and GMing an RPG for the first time! In Eight Years of Marital Awesome, she talks about how even though she forgot her anniversary, she’s terribly grateful for being married. In A Year of Love, she reflects on the past year since her son was born and how he’s especially changed since his six month birthday. In Kidical Mass Rockville Hits the Road, she describes the (mostly) successful community bike ride she led for families with small children, despite her serious doubts beforehand about the entire thing.
- chris the cynic wrote:
- I took some time out of my monthly donation reminder post to talk about the Roman calendar. The ides, kalends, and such as well as how they counted down instead of up.
- I wrote about how history will remember the unmodified original Star Wars trilogy if Lucas gets his wish and the theatrical versions are lost to time.
- Somewhat inspired by things like Magic the Gathering and Kaijudo which have various beings built around a five element model I made up an elemental model and a sort of creation story for a world of elemental creatures.
- I asked for people to share examples of cool things in the natural world in large part because I’m thinking of making a character that has such things incorporated as a means of genetic enhancement. (Though “science” in the story will be only an echo of actual science as it’s to be more whimsical and fantastical than reality.)
- Articles, open threads, and such on the Slacktiverse itself:
- Regularly scheduled threads on the Slacktiverse:
In Case You Missed This
- Firedrake shared several links:
Things You Can Do
No submissions this week.
–Co-authored by the Slacktiverse Community