(posted by chris the cynic, written by members of The Slacktiverse)
- Last week (you didn’t send it in too late, I screwed up) Frobbor wrote:
- I finished posting my commentaries on Revolutionary Girl Utena episodes, and I’m particularly proud of my discussion of the last couple of episodes. (Content warning: suicide, statutory rape, sexual/domestic abuse and abuse tactics, especially gaslighting.)
Storiteller was all about the outdoors this week, from the roads on bikes to the parks on foot. In Family Biking O’Rama, she describes a family biking workshop she attended, where she learned about equipment (cargo bikes! e-assist bikes!), snacking, and much more. A highlight of the week was visiting a local park that has an awesome train ride with a real engine, a terrifying disembodied plaster pig’s head, and a retro playground. For lots of reasons, she’s glad this place exists, as she describes in Old-School Childhood.
- chris the cynic wrote:
- My first post of the week was letting everyone know that I lost my internet because I didn’t have enough money to pay the bill. That, and some details surrounding it. Not the best start ever. (Currently using a Greyhound bus’ free internet.)
- In an effort to have content, and also in an effort to say, “Hey, I sometimes produce good things,” I reposted something I posted three years ago. What has become known as “The Universal Lord’s Prayer,” was in response to the statement that the Lord’s Prayer is, “as generic and universal a prayer as can be crafted” in part as an attempt to bring that statement closer to true. It begins:
- Our Father, who may be female or generdless or polygendered or just plain multiple and who may or may not have a relationship with us and might not even exist at all, who art in heaven, by which we mean whereever her/she/it/they happens to be, or indeed not be since we’ve established that he/she/it/they might not exist in the first place.
- After using a scaled down version of it as the image for an open thread elsewhere, I made a post on my own blog about some vaguely recent permutations of my Mona Lisa modifications.
- Articles, open threads, and such on the Slacktiverse itself:
- Regularly scheduled threads on the Slacktiverse:
In Case You Missed This
No submissions this week.
Things You Can Do
Last week Frobbor wrote:
My sister recently finally left a long-term and very toxic relationship. This has required her to completely uproot her life, including quitting her job and moving hundreds of miles. She could use a little help finding her feet. (I know, GoFundMe is extremely problematic, but she didn’t know that when she made the page, and she could really use the help.) Anything anyone can do, even if it’s just sharing, would be greatly appreciated.