(posted by chris the cynic, written by members of The Slacktiverse)
- Froborr wrote:
- I have very little this week, just another in my “Fundamentals” series on the underlying concepts I more or less assume in my work. This one: Everything Ends
- chris the cynic wrote:
- I reposted the translation of the Universal Lord’s Prayer into Latin. For those who don’t remember, I wrote the Universal Lord’s Prayer after a government official claimed that the regular Lord’s Prayer was already “as generic and universal a prayer as can be crafted”. In my version of the prayer I have attempted to make it inclusive for atheists, agnostics, theists, those who believe in female or genderless gods, (I think I left out gender-queer and gender-fluid, damn) misotheists, polytheists, and such, and that’s just the start.
- I talked about the disaster that was accidentally turning my heating system into an indoor sprinkler system.
- Gamergate spawned Vivian James. When I look at her I don’t see someone who wants to be a shield misogynists can stand behind to shelter themselves from criticisms of misogyny. I see someone who isn’t happy with her lot in life and would benefit from transcending her origin.
- One suggestion on why Left Behind lacks continuity is that the characters are writing the story and they don’t always agree (at all.) It’s been said that what I wrote more resembles a log of the Left Behind characters around a table as they play the role playing game that is Left Behind, I agree with that assessment.
- The cheapness of video games that have aged several years has led to me buying and playing a few. That’s left me with some observations on the checkpoint-only single-save system present in some games.
- Articles, open threads, and such on the Slacktiverse itself:
- Regularly scheduled threads on the Slacktiverse:
In Case You Missed This
- I’m being totally self-aggrandizing here, but I was quoted and My Little Po-Mo mentioned in this article from New York Magazine: “Understanding the Cult of My Little Pony”
Things You Can Do
I’m running a Patreon campaign to fund The Near-Apocalypse of ’09, my upcoming deconstruction/psychochronography of the DC Animated Universe. Backers can see the articles as I write them–by the time this post goes up, the first two should be up, along with two vlogs on The Legend of Korra.
chris the cynic wrote:
At the end of this week the campaign to fund important things to save my university ends. The fund is here, if you can, if you care about publich higher education in the US, please consider sending money to this project. As a reminder the money goes to three things:
- Getting an independent audit so decisions can be based on facts rather than the current standards of vague feelings only supported by, “Don’t you trust me?
- Helping students who were illegally victimized afford the lawyers they will need to get what they are legally entitled to.
- Investigating conflicts of interest in the opaque process currently underway.