(posted by chris the cynic; written by members of The Slacktiverse)
Storiteller started off 2016 with a big announcement and a whole lot of reflection on both the past and coming year:
- In Anticipating a New Member of the Family, she announces that she’s pregnant and considers this next stage of being a mom. (TW: pregnancy)
- Following on the same theme, she describes A Few Recommendations for Interacting with Me While Pregnant, from not commenting on the size of her feet to not sharing your birth horror stories. (TW: Pregnancy complications and problems)
- Via a guest post at the Good Mother Project (We Left Everything but My Broken Body Behind), Storiteller describes one of the most difficult things she’s ever faced – having a miscarriage at 10 weeks of pregnancy. (TW: Pregnancy loss, miscarriage).
- In the series Reflections on the New Year, she uses 2015 as a jumping off point to understand how to approach 2016.
- In Looking Backwards to 2015, she contemplates what happened in the last year and how her family came out the other side. (TW: Pregnancy loss, miscarriage, pregnancy complications).
- In Seasons of Life, she draws comfort and wisdom from Supergirl’s Cat Grant, a therapy session, and Anne Lamott when considering how to set goals.
- In Dreaming and Scheming, she lays out what her goals are – including simplifying – and how she’s already tackling them.
- In The Bedtime Toddler Blues, she laments her recent challenges getting her son to actually go to sleep.
- chris the cynic wrote:
- I continued my Horse and His Boy rewrite until it reached the end of chapter 4, thus it was mostly concerned with Shasta in Susan’s chambers.
- That part of canon has Edmund describe Rabadash as “this dark faced lover of yours” before mentioning his name. I ignored the racial element and the connotations of “this … of yours” and just made a short piece making fun of describing someone as “Your [attribute] lover“.
- I got a new installment of Being more than a Simulacrum done. In the new chapter the online gaming session that Place was using (with Joss) to keep in touch with friends in far flung places is concluded and Place gets the last of the answers left the lair to find.
- I revised, again, the second chapter of Life After. Still not satisfied with the part that follows Kim in the After.
- I wrote about things that I do and things that I want. I shared some scribblings that came out of me writing three pages a day of largely meaningless longhand. I asked for help navigating the labarythne code of modern game engines to locate the parts concerned with certain things. I posted a compilation of things I’ve said in conversations, without any kind of context.
- I did an image post regarding the new tiny Rubik’s cubes. Short version, the ones from the 80s were 19mm cubed, the new ones are 21mm cubed.
- In two posts (monthly fundraising post, how I’m doing) I tried to communicate the strange situation of having the big long term problems as clear as they’ve ever been because there’s no immediate looming catastrophe to distract from them.
- Articles, open threads, and such on the Slacktiverse itself:
- Regularly scheduled threads on the Slacktiverse:
In Case You Missed This
No submissions this week.
Things You Can Do
No submissions this week.
–Co-authored by the Slacktiverse Community