(posted by chris the cynic; written by members of The Slacktiverse)
- chris the cynic wrote:
- I actually managed to get a new installment of the Kim Possible Decon up meaning that we have now finished three episodes. So click over to read about the second half of the episode Monkey Fist Strikes. Also, because that post was really long, I’m thinking it might possibly be a good idea to take the episodes in smaller chunks, perhaps four posts per episode instead of two. Note the “might possibly” If you have thoughts on that, please give me input in the comments to the above linked decon post.
- Since I’ve been stuck way below my usual fiction output for ages now, I’ve taken to looking into fanfic prompts in hopes of inspiration For the second time that had a little payoff. There’s not much, just a fairly short and rough beginning, but it is story which is something I’ve been having trouble with lately:
- It should be pretty self explanatory if you read it, short version is that the prompt was that the heroic sidekick (Ron) and the villainous sidekick (Shego) get fused into a single being and a story results.
- I talked about how I’d make humanish proportioned Lego compatible figures for more than just the “girls” lines if I had the money necessary to do the mass production with quality plastic that would be needed.
- My financial situation is currently confused and I talked about that in monthly post where I remind everyone that I do indeed take donations (and sometimes depend on them.)
- Articles, open threads, and such on the Slacktiverse itself:
- Regularly scheduled threads on the Slacktiverse:
In Case You Missed This
No submissions this week.
Things You Can Do
(Content note: homophobic violence, Link specific content: Photos of horrific burns)
Via Inquisitive Raven (via this signal boost in turn. Note that that’s the only link without images.)
A man poured boiling water over a young gay couple while they were sleeping in their bed. When the extreme pain woke them up he shouted, “Get out of my house with all that gay!” (Not that it matters, but it wasn’t his house.) Then he threw them out forcing them to go door to door just to call 911 and be taken to the hospital.
Even in small quantities boiling water can do some severe damage, having it poured over your whole body is really, really bad. If you want to read more about what happened (but remember that the links contain images), this is the Washington Post article.
As for what you can do, gofundme thingys have been set up to help with medical expenses. They’re both out of the hospital now, but that doesn’t mean they’ve recovered.
- Help pay Marquez Tolbert’s medical expenses here.
- Help pay Anthony Gooden Jr.’s medical expenses here.