(posted by chris the cynic; written by members of The Slacktiverse)
- chris the cynic wrote:
- I watched Queen of Katwe two days after I watched the first two episodes of Luke Cage. The juxtaposition of the two had me writing a post. Short version: apparently if you want fun, uplifting, happy stories about black people to be on screen, they have to be true. Fiction need not apply. I see a problem with that.
- I wrote a fiction fragment in which a villain goes to defeat his superhero nemesis and things don’t go as planned after he finds said nemesis crying and despondent.
- Another fragment had Aslan talking to Edmund after parlaying with the witch for Edmund’s life.
- I talked about how I would do a movie about “The Miracle on the Hudson.
- I wrote about how one, not-simply, walks into Mordor.
- Articles, open threads, and such on the Slacktiverse itself:
- Regularly scheduled threads on the Slacktiverse:
In Case You Missed This
Firedrake shared an article on how to identify spiritual abuse and how to be compassionate to the victims of it.
Things You Can Do
No submissions this week.