(posted by chris the cynic; written by members of The Slacktiverse)
Between calling her Senators on a regular basis, Storiteller has been marching, raising her kids, and trying to maintain her mental health.In my
- It’s been hard lately to focus on anything. In How to Be More Present and Mindful with Your Kids, she talks about some the ways she’s found helpful to block out distractions and just be a parent.
- Sometimes you set expectations for yourself that seem so simple and yet you still end up totally failing them. That’s what happened with the Exasperation of a Blank Baby Book.
- Who is one red, furry monster who we haven’t heard from in the context of the election and inauguration? What Elmo Can Teach Us About Dealing with Donald Trump.
- In The Challenge and Beauty of Being an Activist Mom, she talks about how her kids both make her want to do more activism but also make it harder.
- She shares her favorite parts of the Women’s March on Washington in Marching for the Future.
- To help raise awareness and money for refugees, she’s running a giveaway on her blog’s Facebook page. To be entered to win a children’s book about refugees and a donation to the International Rescue Committee in your name, like her Facebook page and like or comment on this specific Facebook post.
- chris the cynic wrote:
- In my super universe:
- I described a very power-negative state, in contrast to most of what I’ve done so far which takes place in power-positive regions
- I introduced a character called “Toner“.
- I added some information I left out about Toner, specifically her skin.
- I had a scene in which one hero tells another not to use (real) profanity.
- I had an exchange in which my Life After characters note how monochromatic of a team they are.
- In response to learning some people were saying otherwise, I noted that the current political situation in the US is not like the end of the Roman Republic. I’ll probably have some more in-depth anaylsis over the next week.
- And I shared real life financial worries about mid February.
- In my super universe:
- Articles, open threads, and such on the Slacktiverse itself:
- Regularly scheduled threads on the Slacktiverse:
In Case You Missed This
No submissions this week.
Things You Can Do
If you’d like a daily reminder of items you can call Congress about, sign up for Daily Action. To sign up, text DAILY to 228466. You can also sign up via their website. If you have anxiety and don’t like calling, this guide has some great suggestions to help!