(posted by chris the cynic; written by members of The Slacktiverse)
- chris the cynic wrote:
- I’ve had the idea for this scene since my super person universe wasn’t developed beyond, “I could have a shared universe in which to tell stories about super people a la Marvel or DC.” The original superhero of the setting, decades dead at this point, is resurrected. He’s taken in by a current hero and has a chance to learn a bit about her before the plot kicks in.
- In my most recent want list I mentioned wanting a tarot deck that doesn’t exist. I described what I envision for two of the major arcana cards: Death and The Lovers. I had completely forgotten that I’d also figured out exactly what I wanted for The Devil, so at some point I’ll see if I can write that up along with, hopefully, more cards.
- I talked about projects I’d like to return to that are/were on hold, abandoned, forgotten, or some combination of the previous.
- A few times people have been able to help me a lot because they had something they no longer used that I was desperately in need of. It’s occurred to me that the desperation is actually unnecessary to the equation, so I made a list of stuff that I’m interested that you may look upon as junk, obsolete to the point of worthlessness, or just plain useless.
- I used the magic showcased in two of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies as case studies in fictional magic that works vs. fictional magic that smells like the dung of farm animals.
- I have the steam keys to some good games, free to good home. Though it looks like all that’s left at this point is the System Shock two pack.
- Lonespark talked to a squirrel while on hold, and thought I should make a post, so I did, but I think I really lost everything that made it worthy of sharing by the time I started typing.
- The reason I didn’t have the weekend post last week was that my computer started experiencing problems, then –and this is typed up in story form– it died. This led to me asking for help dealing with wasted disk space created by having multiple backups of things.
- This week I broke my left ankle in three places on Thursday. Since I hadn’t, and still haven’t, written up a full post on what happened I shared how I announced it at three places around the web to give some additional info. While crawling and sliding on my butt around my house in an effort to make it crutch safe, I came up with a list of inventions that don’t exist that would be helpful. And finally, sometimes it’s the little things that drive home the suck of life.
- Articles, open threads, and such on the Slacktiverse itself:
- Regularly scheduled threads on the Slacktiverse:
In Case You Missed This
No submissions this week.
Things You Can Do
No submissions this week.
–Co-authored by the Slacktiverse Community