(posted by chris the cynic; written by members of The Slacktiverse)
- chris the cynic wrote:
- I haven’t written any fiction, but I did move an episode of my HHB rewrite over to Stealing Commas, so I can share the part where Shasta doesn’t leave the donkey behind as something from the last two weeks.
- Turns out that so many people got nominated for those KP awards that there’s a pre-vote winnowing going on. Thus now I can beg you to vote (in this much easier process) for me to make it into the final five in each category I was nominated for.
- The eye exam came way sooner than expected. Good news: I now have up to date info on what my prescription should be. Bad news: my insurance covers the exam, but not a cent of glasses. I can’t afford glasses.
- I failed to make a weekend post last week and there hasn’t been an open thread for at least two weeks, you can probably guess about how well I’m coping with life.
- The post I wrote about real life was called “I’m not doing well“. In the comments it was noted that it sounds like untreated depression. Yup, it does. It isn’t, but those patterns are well entrenched in my brain meaning that even with treatment, if I’m knocked down too far they take over.
- And, finally, I have a new and different reason to beg for money. Short version: I usually use my credit to help buy stuff for kids at the SCA’s Great Northeastern War and then get paid back by adults not long after (because money never becomes available until after you need it.) Right now my credit is completely maxed out. I can’t do that. So, won’t someone please think of the children? No, I don’t seriously expect anyone to help on this front.
- Articles, open threads, and such on the Slacktiverse itself:
- Regularly scheduled threads on the Slacktiverse:
In Case You Missed This
No submissions this week.
Things You Can Do